Monday, January 11, 2010

Are you irreplaceable?


Another evening of thinking to myself in solitude. Just me, the laptop and my thoughts. The idea of being here alone is making me think of the song "Me, Myself and I"...And no NOT Beyonce. I'm talking about the old school group De La Soul. This funky uptempo song is a happy, self excepting and just plain fun. So here I am looking back on past relationships as a free (single) individual with a desire to seek out how things went down. I look back and think "hmmm, I wonder what happened to that one?" and "what the hell was I thinking?" and then a pop!...there it is.

We live in a society where it seems the men and women are dispensable creatures whom roam around the city with horse blinders on. Unable to see the true beauty of love; not just in other humans but in other nouns too. We take for granted that everything that we love and care for can be gone in a instant. Those precious photographs washed away in a flood, your dog being hit by a car, being involved in a car accident that took your thought and memories with it. Those things are important, those are things that we care about the most.

Just think of your very first crush. You might not have even known anything but their name. Picture them being taken from you. Or a expecting mother who just found out the baby she has cared for and carried for nine months was still born. You still have that connection, those emotions, those feelings towards the nouns that mattered most in your life. So even if its the first love letter you received or a teddy bear that you had since you were a young sprout. CHERISH THEM. CHERISH LIFE. MAKE EVERYDAY SOMETHING TO STAND AND BE PROUD FOR. Because you never know what you've got until its gone.

I'm sorry Beyonce but some things are just not "Replaceable".

~ Kendrick

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment