Thursday, February 2, 2012

Hello February...


Valentines Day, Black History Month, Shortest month on the calendar..

     I could ramble about how much I love/hate Valentines day and I could waste my time talking about how we only give 28 (29 due to leap year this year) days to recognize black excellence. I could..I should.. I can.. BUT I won't. I celebrate everyday I'm alive. I give love to those who deserve it and I show respect to my brethren when I feel it has been earned. This month is a month to be inspired by those who paved the way for the likes of you and I to be great.

     A few African Americans who inspire me are of course Barack & Michelle Obama, Kanye West, Kerry Washington, Arthur Ashe, Phyllis Hyman etc.. They all have their own unique stories; I'm still writing mine. I hope to inspire others to be fearless and go out and push their dreams forward. That's my goal.

     Most of my readers know how I feel about love. If you're new click here.. http://duhhebadd.blogspot.com/2012/01/love.html 
     I'll let my readers in on a little dirty secret.. despite how I feel about love.. I LOVE it! I love, love. I like this time of the month actually. I like the tacky teddy bears and the chocolate filled hearts covered strawberries. I love the feeling in the air when I step out into the city to see all the couples going out to rekindle their flame and to celebrate the love they have for each other. I LOVE that shit! Will I have a Valentine? We Will see.

So here we are in February... A fresh start for many. Kind of like a second new year for some. I welcome you with open arms. Lets see what you've got in store for us February. 
 Photobucket
Until tomorrow comes, take care for now..
<3 - Renard

No comments:

Post a Comment